AIX LES BAINS
The largest Port in Savoie.
Aix Les Bains is the largest port in Savoie. The city is located on the eastern shore of Lac du Bourget, the largest natural lake in France. Famous spa town, Aix Les Bains is a cosmopolitan city and rich in culture thanks to its many assets.
Aix Les Bains,
An Inestimable Cultural Wealth.
Considered one of the oldest towns in Savoy, born from its hot springs, this spa town is one of the major French thermal towns. It was also a top resort during the Belle Époque for princely and wealthy families. Today, this classified tourist resort is diversifying its activities on the scale of its agglomeration. The latter is populated by 75,000 inhabitants. The Aix-les-Bains Riviera des Alpes brand promotes the development of tourism in the region.
Aix Les Bains,
A Superb Living Environment.
Aix also has other assets such as its Musilac music festival. As well as its historical and natural heritage or an exploited mineral water. The Aix area is also home to some large industries, such as General Electric, the headquarters of Léon Grosse. But still ABB Process Engineering (Cellier) or Aixam. According to the ranking “Where is it good to live in France?” Note 1 carried out by Les Échos in 2015, the employment area of Chambéry/Aix-les-Bains ranks 6th out of 304 areas listed.
Aix les Bains and its surroundings,
Some places to visit Absoutely
- HauteCombe Abbey, on the shores of Lac du Bourget and opposite Aix les Bains, this abbey is a place of history, art and meditation. It is also the Necropolis of the House of Savoy, where the bodies of the princes of Savoy are buried.
- The Grand Harbor, where you can stroll along the quays and banks, take a boat to discover the lake. Or simply enjoy the terraces of many restaurants by the lake.
- The lake esplanade, is a pretty lakeside park, in the continuity of the Grand Harbor. You can enjoy a famous music festival in mid-July that lasts 3 to 4 days, “Musilac”.
- Bourget Lake, on which the number of sports activities can no longer be counted: windsurfing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, scuba diving (and still many others that it would take too long to list here), or quite simply, boat trips boat.
- Spas, whose reputation is second to none and which offer two types of therapeutic orientation: rheumatology or phlebotomy.
- The Grand Circle Casino, where you can play slot machines, but also Black Jack, Poker, Roulette and other games.
- Many other places that we will let you discover for yourself during your stay!